GreatNews Ver 1.0 Beta
+ New Features * Changes to existing functions
- Bug fixed / Feature removed
Ver 1.0 Beta (Build 293) Release on 3/31/2005
+ Major improvement on compatibility with invalid rss feeds. Now GreatNews can read from most of them.
* Mouse over channels in red text displays why the channel updates failed.
+ News Watch option to mark matched news items as read during channel update.
+ Update channel explicitly by using menu command will bypass local cache.
+ Ctrl+PageUp/Down now turn to previous/next page in reading pane
- Fixed the problem that channels.opml is missing from setup packages (Thanks Havas)
- Fixed a bug that sometimes bloglines.com sync channels cannot be added. (Thanks actlix)
- Fixed a bug that GreatNews may display wrong encoding (thanks Max.Liu)
* "N seconds to mark read" comes back
Quite a few users are used to use this function. So it's been put back in. Choose from mark read interactively or automatically in Options->Reading
- Fixed a bug that the Next> link may incorrectly mark group as read under certain situation
- Fixed a bug that GreatNews repeatly download a feed if the feed has no timestamp, no guid and no link (thanks hpw)
- Fixed a bug that channel "Don't update automatically" option doesn't always work (thanks atclix)
- Fixed a bug that GreatNews cannot update a feed if it has no timestamp, no guid, and all news items have the same link (thanks Philharmania)
- Fixed a bug that a bloglines-sync channel doesn't update its icon when it's detached from bloglines